North Harringay Primary is a school for children between the ages of 3 and 11 years old.
The school is in a large three storey Victorian building, with an additional Foundation Stage Block for Nursery and Reception children.
We are situated within a very diverse local population and our children are from a rich variety of cultures, languages, religions and ethnic groups. We consider this diversity to be an asset, which enriches the educational experiences we offer our children.
Aims of North Harringay Primary School
At North Harringay Primary School we believe that every child must be provided with opportunities to develop socially, emotionally, academically and physically to achieve the highest possible standards.
We are an inclusive learning community that is forward thinking, innovative and confident and committed to ensuring that all of the children in our care are happy, enthusiastic and purposeful learners.
We are working together to:
- Raise achievement through a commitment to high standards and expectations
- Enable every child to succeed as an independent, enthusiastic and confident learner
- Provide active, co-operative and independent learning through dynamic and high quality teaching
- Create an atmosphere where each child is valued as an individual, enabling them to develop a positive self-image, self discipline and respect for others
- Ensure equality of opportunity at all times, so that each child is given appropriate support and enrichment
- Create an inclusive learning community which challenges and enables every learner to flourish, prosper and develop aspirations for a successful future
- Provide a welcoming, secure, stimulating and enriched learning environment
- Provide an innovative, creative and integrated curriculum which inspires and motivates children to learn and which takes account of different learning styles
- Celebrate our rich diversity and work in partnership with parents, children and the wider community