Is your child is eligible for additional funding called ‘pupil premium’.
What is pupil premium funding?
Pupil premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation. It’s provided for pupils who:
- Are registered for free school meals
- Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- Are, or have been, in care
- Have parents in the armed forces
Is my child eligible for pupil premium funding?
Your child might be eligible if you access:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income below a certain limit
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income below a certain limit
What happens if my child is eligible for pupil premium funding?
This additional funding could make a real difference to the quality of education we offer. We’ve previously used pupil premium funding for
- Educational provision/resources
- Academic interventions
- Wellbeing and self-esteem building interventions
- Discounts on educational visits
- For a limited time we are offering an EYFS starter pack
How do I register?
You only need to register once at the school.
To register, please complete the Free School Meals Application Form available from the school office.
If you have any further questions or specific concerns, please contact the school office.
Note: To view documents on this page you will need Adobe Reader. If you do not have this, click on the icon below to download it from the Adobe website.