We expect all children in Years 1 to 6 to wear their uniform correctly each day unless there is a non-uniform day for charity or another special event. If any child is not wearing their uniform we expect a letter from parents to explain why this is the case. We also encourage younger children in Reception or Nursery to wear the uniform but it is not compulsory for them.
Our school uniform serves several very important functions:
- It gives children a sense of identity with the school
- It creates a sense of community
- It is equitable with all children wearing the same clothing
- It is cost effective for families
- It encourages children to take pride in their appearance
- It helps to keep children safe e.g. by providing clear identification when they are off-site
Our uniform consists of:
- Black or grey trousers, skirt or pinafore (in the summer green and white checked cotton dresses may be worn)
- Green school jumper or cardigan with the school logo
- White polo shirt or blouse
- Grey or black tights, or grey, black or white socks
- Sensible black shoes or plain black trainers – with no heels or lights or toys attached or within. Slip on shoes need a bar across the foot to hold them on so ballet styles are not suitable. Sandals can be worn in the summer months with socks, provided they have sufficient straps.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL UNIFORM ITEMS ARE LABELLED CLEARLY.
Sports and PE Kit:
- Plain T shirt – no football shirts please
- Plain shorts or jogging bottoms
- Trainers or plain black plimsolls
This kit must be brought in each Monday in a drawstring bag and taken home each Friday for washing. It is essential that all children do PE.
Jewellery, Nail varnish & Make Up
For health and safety reasons jewellery should not be worn. The only items that can be worn are watches and simple stud earrings. Pupils will be asked to remove any other jewellery and it will be returned to parents. Neither nail varnish or make up are allowed in school and any pupil wearing these will be asked to remove it.
SCHOOL JUMPERS, CARDIGANS, PE KITS AND BOOK BAGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON-LINE.
To view and purchase uniforms please log on to: